Most of our volunteers come to Peru with a very low level of Spanish. This creates a communication barrier with children in different projects where volunteers have to provide assistance, along with complicating every communication in the city. So, Makikita has created a program to provide volunteers with the tools to communicate in Spanish to face every day activities and work.
Details of the Spanish lessons:
- Teachers have past experience teaching Spanish to foreigners.
- The lessons offered range from basic to advanced, depending on the volunteer’s level of Spanish.
- The lessons include essential "survival" vocabulary and vocabulary related to the unique work you will do in your volunteer project.
- The lesson are taught face to face or in a group setting if you prefer.
- Discounts are offered for group lessons.
- Each lesson is approximately 60-minute long.
- Volunteers receive a Spanish textbook.
- Lessons are both grounded in theory and practical applications.
- Lessons are delivered in Spanish and English.
- Volunteers can choose their schedule any day from Monday to Friday depending on the availability of their teacher.
- Spanish lessons can be reprogrammed if you miss them for an emergency.
- Contact the office for more information.